- Inform the operator of the details, required to send a transfer in accordance with the requirements of the Western Union system, and present a document proving your identity (if you need to confirm the sources of funds, you must additionally provide supporting documents)
- Hand over the amount of money transfer and pay the cost of services
- Obtain the transfer control number, inform the recipient along with the name of the transfer system and the amount of sent money
- Inform the operator of the control number and other mandatory details of the transfer in accordance with the requirements of the Western Union transfer system and present a document proving your identity
- Receive the money transfer
- Money transfer system transactions are carried out on behalf and in favor of individuals in compliance with the Ukrainian legislation, in particular in the field of prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation of mass destruction weapons, as well as the rules established by Western Union payment system. Restrictions on the amount of transfers in foreign currency are established by NBU Resolution No.2 of January 02, 2019
- Payment of the fee for the transfer of funds is carried out exclusively at the expense of the sender and it is charged in hryvnia at the rate of the NBU that is valid on the date of sending the transfer, in accordance with the tariffs of the transfer system, which are the same for all participants in Ukraine
- Money transfers in Ukraine are carried out only in the national currency – hryvnia. Sending money transfer outside of Ukraine is carried out in US dollars, euros and Russian rubles (only to the Russian Federation). The sender must indicate the currency in which the transfer will be paid to the recipient (US dollars, euros or national currency in which the transfer can be paid in the destination country)
- Transfers from abroad are paid in US dollars, euros and Russian rubles (only from the Russian Federation). Transfers sent from countries of the European Union are paid in euros, provided that the transfer payment currency in Ukraine at the time of sending the transfer was specified as “euro”)
- If the currency for sending and paying a transfer is different, then, when converting the currency of transfer, the exchange rate set by Western Union is applied. The exchange rate is reported to the sender/recipient during the operation of sending/paying a transfer
- Money transfer is available for payment at any Western Union service point in the country of destination for 45 calendar days from the date of sending
The payment company of the Western Union payment system is Western Union Network (France) SAS with the location: 92095 France, 5-6 Place de l’Iris, Paris la Defense CEDEX.
You can get information about the list of participants in the Western Union transfer system, location and opening hours of the nearest service points; check the status of the sent transfer on the system’s website: www.westernunion.ua.
In order to prevent fraud, Western Union asks to pay attention to the warnings set out in the section “Protect yourself from fraud”.
Information about the service points of JSC “PUMB” registered in the Western Union transfer system, as well as their mode of operation are located in the section “Branches and ATMs”.
- All disputes arising between the participants and users of the Western Union money transfer system (senders and recipients of money transfers) must be resolved through negotiations, as well as in a judicial proceeding in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
Western Union — a service of electronic transfers. With its help, you can transfer money to almost any country in the world. Western Union services are used by the government, business and individuals.
What the advantages
Western Union has 500,000 service points in 200 countries around the world. You can send and receive money in any of these branches. There are special programs and favorable conditions of the commission for popular transfer destinations (CIS countries, Georgia, Israel, China and Turkey).
What Western Union offers:
- Efficiency. You can receive money in 10 minutes after the transfer.
- Guarantees for saving money. Western Union has been operating since 1851.
- Saving funds when traveling abroad. You can transfer money to your name and pick up the money in another country.
- Informing the recipient. The message about the transfer of funds comes on the phone.
- Delivery of the receipt to the specified address.
How to transfer funds
You can transfer money through Western Union at a FUIB branch. You must know the name and surname of the recipient, as well as the city and the Western Union branch, where he will receive the funds. To transfer funds you need to show a document which proof your identity.
Funds can be transferred:
- in cash;
- using a bank card;
- from one bank account to another.
After you fill out the form, you will be informed the transfer control number. Send it to the recipient along with the name of the transfer system and report the amount of money you transferred.
Transfer of funds in Ukraine occurs only in hryvnia. It is possible to send the money abroad in dollars, euros or national currency.
How to get the money
There are several ways to get the money:
- At the Western Union branch. Visit the issuance point, fill out the form and pick up the transfer. The addresses of the branches can be found on the official website of Western Union.
- To the bank account. In order for funds to be credited on your card, you must report the information to the sender. Remittance takes place within a few days.
- To the prepaid Western Union card. The money, you have been sent, will be transferred to a special international card. It can be used as a regular bank card: to make purchases, pay bills and services.
- To your phone. In some countries, mobile providers allow you to credit directly to your mobile phone account.
Money transfer is available for payment within 45 days from the moment of sending.