- About 500,000 service points in more than 200 countries and regions of the world
- A money transfer can be received in 10 minutes after sending at any service center within the country to which the transfer was sent
- There are special tariffs for some popular destinations (CIS countries, Georgia, Israel, UAE, China, Turkey)
- Saving funds for the travel period (the possibility of making a transfer to your own name)
Western Union is one of the leaders in the money transfer market, operating in more than 200 countries and regions.
How Western Union works
Inform the operator of the details, required to send a transfer in accordance with the requirements of the Western Union system, and present a document proving your identity (if you need to confirm the sources of funds, you must additionally provide supporting documents)
Hand over the amount of money transfer and pay the cost of services
Obtain the transfer control number, inform the recipient along with the name of the transfer system and the amount of sent money
Inform the operator of the control number and other mandatory details of the transfer in accordance with the requirements of the Western Union transfer system and present a document proving your identity
Receive the money transfer
- Money transfer system transactions are carried out on behalf and in favor of individuals in compliance with the Ukrainian legislation, in particular in the field of prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation of mass destruction weapons, as well as the rules established by Western Union payment system. Restrictions on the amount of transfers in foreign currency are established by NBU Resolution No.2 of January 02, 2019.
- Payment of the fee for the transfer of funds is carried out exclusively at the expense of the sender and it is charged in hryvnia at the rate of the NBU that is valid on the date of sending the transfer, in accordance with the tariffs of the transfer system, which are the same for all participants in Ukraine.
- Money transfers in Ukraine are carried out only in the national currency – hryvnia. Sending money transfer outside of Ukraine is carried out in US dollars, euros and Russian rubles (only to the Russian Federation). The sender must indicate the currency in which the transfer will be paid to the recipient (US dollars, euros or national currency in which the transfer can be paid in the destination country).
- Transfers from abroad are paid in US dollars, euros and Russian rubles (only from the Russian Federation) and UAH. Transfers sent from countries of the European Union are paid in euros, provided that the transfer payment currency in Ukraine at the time of sending the transfer was specified as “euro”).
- If the currency for sending and paying a transfer is different, then, when converting the currency of transfer, the exchange rate set by Western Union is applied. The exchange rate is reported to the sender/recipient during the operation of sending/paying a transfer.
- Money transfer is available for payment at any Western Union service point in the country of destination for 45 calendar days from the date of sending.
- Depending on the destination country of the transfer, the following additional services are provided: transfer delivery (check) to the specified address; informing the recipient by phone/telegraph about the receipt of the transfer in his name; text message to the recipient, which is read by the operator when paying the money transfer; sms-informing the sender about the payment of the money transfer in the country of destination.
- The payment company of the Western Union payment system is Western Union Network (France) SAS with the location: 92095 France, 5-6 Place de l’Iris, Paris la Defense CEDEX.
You can get information about the list of participants in the Western Union transfer system, location and opening hours of the nearest service points; check the status of the sent transfer on the system’s website: www.westernunion.ua.
In order to prevent fraud, Western Union asks to pay attention to the warnings set out in the section “Protect yourself from fraud”.
- Information about the service points of JSC “PUMB” registered in the Western Union transfer system, as well as their mode of operation are located in the section “Branches and ATMs” .
- З метою запобігання шахрайства компанія Western Union просить звернути увагу на застереження, викладені в розділі «Захистіть себе від шахрайства».
- All disputes arising between the participants and users of the Western Union money transfer system (senders and recipients of money transfers) must be resolved through negotiations, as well as in a judicial proceeding in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.